The 9800i scanner provides two scale options. First is the integrated 0.01 to 30.00 lb. capacity scale; second is an integrated high-resolution scale for low weight/high per lb. price items that provide additional revenue and higher profits. Shrink reduction ranks high among retailers' concerns and the Magellan 9800i scanner has key features designed to reduce shrink at the POS. Long, variable-weight produce that does not easily fit on the scale platter introduces the opportunity for shrink to occur. Hurried cashiers regularly lay this long produce partially on the adjacent check stand and therefore do not capture the full weight. Datalogic's new ScaleSentry technology senses when this type of shrink event occurs and automatically alerts the cashier to take corrective action. Additionally, the 9800i scanner accommodates Checkpoint, Sensormatic and Nedap EAS antennas and loss prevention software to reduce shrink and Failure to Deactivate (FTD) events. Remote Management is supported for OPOS, JavaPOS, IBM Director and Wavelink Avalanche. Additional capabilities are available with the Value Added Features included in every Magellan scanner.
- Advanced digital imaging in all reading planes
- Seamless reading of 1D and 2D codes in all planes with good-read audio and visual confirmation for fast, uninterrupted scanning
- Top Down Reader adds large topside field-of-view as well as a customer-facing mobile device reader
- The largest ever All-Weighs scale platter enables effortless, accurate weighing of long or bulky items
- ScaleSentry Shrink Monitoring/ Prevention System technology reduces losses from oversized items placed outside the weighing surface
- Top side accessible service port allows for the product to stay in the counter for most service calls (including software upgrades), reducing service and scale recalibration costs