When you want to connect a different-size iPod, simply pop out the Dock Adaptor and insert a new one. The iPod Universal Dock package includes adaptors for five iPods. New iPods will include adaptors for that model, and other adaptors are available separately. This accessory is compatible with the following iPods: iPod nano 1st generation, iPod nano 2nd generation (aluminum), iPod mini, iPod 3rd generation, iPod with click wheel, iPod with colour display and iPod with video.
- Apple iPod Universal Dock
- Connect the Dock to your computer with the cable that came with your iPod, then place your iPod in the Dock to sync and charge the battery. No more reaching behind the computer to plug it in
- Connect the Dock to an electrical outlet using an iPod Power Adaptor, then place your iPod in the Dock to charge the battery
- Connect the Dock to a stereo or speakers using an iPod AV Cable or a stereo audio cable to play music from iPod
- Control playback from a distance using the Apple Remote
- Display photos on a TV or other video device using an iPod AV Cable or S-video cable if you have an iPod with a colour display
- Display videos on a TV or other video device using an iPod AV Cable or S-video cable if you have an iPod with video capability