Operating at 7200 RPM, Ultrastar 7K4000 offers better overall performance than slower RPM capacity-oriented drives, and does so at impressively low power-consumption rates. The Ultrastar 7K4000 can help data centres achieve lower AC power and HVAC requirements. With five Advanced Power Management modes, the 7K4000 achieves a 59% reduction in watts during low RPM idle mode, and uses less than 2W during standby/sleep modes, freeing up precious headroom for growing enterprise needs. The Ultrastar 7K4000, with its halogen-free design and power-efficient operation, qualifies for the HGST EcoTrac classification, which identifies products that minimize environmental impact in the areas of product design, manufacturing, operation and disposal.
- 2.0 million hours MTBF
- Up to 4 terabytes of capacity
- SATA 6Gb/s and SAS 6Gb/s models for configuration flexibility
- Advanced Format SATA with 512-byte emulation (512e)
- Dual Stage Actuator (DSA) and Enhanced Rotational Vibration Safeguard (RVS) for robust performance in multi-drive environments
- 24x7 accessibility for enterprise-class, capacity-optimized applications
- 5-Year limited warranty