Sony's LTO media provides high reliability and durability which is achieved by using a magnetic layer formed by ultra-thin coating technology, enabling high-density recording and high output.
- Using the latest Sony coating technology, LTO satisfies large backup needs with 200GB native and 400GB compressed capacity per cartridge
- For quicker backup and cost efficiency, LTO2 offers ultra-high-speed 40MB/s native and 80MB/s compressed data transfer
- Like LTO1, the LTO2 cartridge incorporates a robust non-contact 4KB IC memory. Besides accelerating file access, this markedly speeds up cartridge access in library environments
- An advanced cartridge mechanism optimizes reel-to-cartridge slip and friction. The result is steady reel rotation for more stable data transfer
- Sony developed a dedicated LTO format servo writer to complement enhanced tape performance by providing a high-quality magnetic servo signal. This noticeably improves data writing and reading accuracy
- Sony minimized tape noise to match the high-sensitivity of MR heads. Tape surface variation is also finely controlled to assure tape travel stability for optimum head-media interfacing
- Built-in Memory: 4,096 Bytes