The PEX1394A2V 2-Port PCI Express FireWire Card lets you add two native FireWire 400 ports to your desktop PC, allowing you to connect IEEE 1394A FireWire devices such as digital cameras, external hard drives, DV camcorders, and more. When two devices are simultaneously connected, this PCIe FireWire adapter reduces performance bottlenecks by offering support for data transfer rates up to 400Mbps to each port. The FireWire card employs dual-bus architecture to provide the maximum bandwidth to each individually connected device, rather than sharing the bandwidth across multiple ports. An ideal solution for transferring large volumes of data at once, the FireWire card also integrates a native PCIe single chipset design. With no secondary bridge chipset, your FireWire devices communicate quicker with your PC to ensure seamless operation of your connected peripherals. For broad compatibility, the FireWire card is natively supported in Windows with no additional drivers required, is equipped with a standard profile bracket, and includes a low-profile/half-height bracket for installation in small form-factor computers.
- Two 6-pin FireWire 400 ports, each with transfer rates up to 400Mbps
- Built with a native PCI Express chipset, no bridge chip
- Includes Low Profile/Half-Height installation bracket
- Compliant with PCI Express Revision 1.1
- Compliant with IEEE provisions 1394a-2000 Std and 1394-1995 Std
- Plug-and-Play and Hot-Swap compatible