When used in conjunction with KVM appliances, serial console appliances, service processor gateways and PDUs, the hardware and software combine to allows IT administrators to remotely access, monitor and control target devices on multiple platforms at numerous locations–anywhere, anytime. Avocent DSView 3 management software provides data centres with secure, centralized management for physical and virtual IT assets. By allowing administrators to remotely diagnose and modify any managed device, regardless of the health or status of the OS or network connection, DSView 3 management software makes data centre management and remote offices more accessible, extensible and secure.
- Secure, Remote, Centralized Data Center Management: Access and control your entire IT assets (physical and virtual) from a single screen
- Integrated Solution for KVM and Power Control: Integrates BIOS-level access and power control in one solution and provides external modem support when the network is down
- Simple, Fast and Reliable User Interface: Browser-based, customizable with usability features including keyboard pass-through, scaling and custom viewer toolbar
- Notifications: SNMP traps and email notification for defined system events
- Failover Authentication: Hub and spoke architecture, provides failover access authentication, ensuring system reliability and security
- System/User Logs: System and user log management and event notification to help facilitate auditing and compliance
- Exit Macros: Log out each user when a session window is closed