As hard drive capacities increase, the power required to run those drives increases as well. WD GP makes it possible for energy-conscious customers to build systems with higher capacities and the right balance of system performance, ensured reliability, and energy conservation.
- Reduced power consumption: By adjusting the rotational speed, using bigger data buffers, parking the drive's head, and optimizing how the drive seeks and caches data we have reduced the power consumption by up to 38 percent
- IntelliPower: A fine-tuned balance of spin speed, transfer rate and cache size designed to deliver both significant power savings and solid performance
- IntelliSeek: Calculates optimum seek speeds to lower power consumption, noise and vibration
- IntelliPark: Delivers lower power consumption by automatically unloading the heads during idle to reduce aerodynamic drag
- Perpendicular Magnetic Recording (PMR): Employ PMR technology to achieve even greater areal density
- StableTrac: The motor shaft is secured at both ends to reduce system-induced vibration and stabilize platters for accurate tracking, during read and write operations