Thanks to its Ethernet WAN option, it can also be used seamlessly with any fiber or cable-based modem with an Ethernet connection. This makes it ideal for those who intend to upgrade their ISP in the future. The DSL-AC68U offers dual CPU performance and flexibility. Its twin processors each optimize wired and wireless connections. By separating wired VDSL/ADSL and Wi-Fi networking into two compute modules with their own dedicated processing power, the DSL-AC68U achieves maximum performance for both connection types with no compromises. Powered by 5th generation Wi-Fi (5G Wi-Fi), the new 802.11ac Broadcom chipset gives the DSL-AC68U superfast Gigabit wireless speeds. Compared with current 802.11n, the DSL-AC68U delivers up to 1.3Gbps at 5 GHz, which is 3X faster than 802.11n! The upgraded bandwidth has the higher capacity you need to increase Wi-Fi enjoyment at home. With notebooks, desktops, pads, and smartphones now all Wi-Fi-reliant, it's time to upgrade to the next generation so you can expand you connectivity now and in future. ASUS AiRadar intelligently strengthens wireless device connectivity using precise directional signal amplification for extended coverage, increased data throughput speed and enhanced stability. Because connection strength varies based on your environment, DSL-AC68U uses three external high-gain antennas and universal beamforming to detect wireless device locations and shape transmissions so they're optimized for the fastest, most stable connection strength. Most importantly, the universal beamforming not only works on 802.11ac clients, but also 802.11a/b/g/n clients.
- Dual-purpose wireless router and DSL modem, featuring DSL WAN port and switchable Ethernet WAN/LAN ports in a single space-saving device
- Compatible with ADSL2/2+, ADSL, VDSL2, fiber and cable services for complete future-proofing
- Combined maximum data rate of 1900 Mbps allows smooth streaming of 4K/UHD videos, online gaming or other bandwidth-intensive tasks
- Dual dedicated CPUs for wired and wireless connections to maximize both range and stability
- AiRadar with universal beamforming optimizes signal strength in any direction to give up to 150% coverage and is backward compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n clients
- Multi-purpose USB 3.0 port supports file sharing, printers, 3G/4G dongle sharing and media streaming - with up to 10 times faster data transfer than USB 2.0
- ASUS AiCloud lets you access, sync, share and stream data from your home network to any internet-connected PC, Android or iOS device