Although standard in size, the Z9PE-D8 WS enables flexibility and performance well above the norm with dual Intel Xeon E5-2600 support (Sandy Bridge-E), and an 8-DIMM memory design. For storage support and data connectivity, it ships with four USB 3.0 ports and six SATA 6Gb/s ports. The Z9PE-D8 WS supports dual Intel Xeon E6-2600 series server/workstation CPUs. System builders can also choose between robust server-grade DDR3 ECC unbuffered/buffered memory modules and more mainstream and readily available DDR3 non-ECC unbuffered memory. By supporting different processor and memory types, the Z9PE-D8 WS affords a wide range of workstation builds for every budget and need. For more reliable networking, the Z9PE-D8 WS features built-in dual Intel Ethernet. This leads to lower CPU utilization, increasing throughput to achieve outstanding performance as well as better support for diverse operating systems. Quick Gate is a vertical USB connector on the motherboard, allowing you to install USB devices directly with no messy cables. This stops important data storage devices from breaking off unexpectedly. The Z9PE-D8 WS with this unique design provides a convenient and safe way to install data and applications on your PC.
- Dual Intel Socket LGA 2011/C602 chipset
- Quad channel 8-DIMM memory
- Enhanced parallel GPU computing power with seven PCI Express 3.0 x16 slots
- Advanced and complete I/O with USB 3.0, SATA 6Gb/s and Intel Ethernet
- Server-level capabilities with RAID, LAN, and capture cards
- 3X faster performance with ASUS SSD Caching