6 redundant power supply ports Restrictions: Each port can provide redundant +12 V power to a connected switch; only one port can provide power at a given time • 2 external power supply ports Restrictions: Provides +50 Vdc external P power to up to two switch devices; provides max of 408 W full power to one device, and half power (204 W each) if connected to two devices.
- Power distribution on as needed basis: monitors power signal from connected switch; when power from switch is no longer detected, provides power to the switch within 1 millisecond
- Flexible configuration: two modes of operation: Combined Mode provides full 12 V RPS for stackables and combines the -50 V internal supply of the stackable PoE and the -50 V of the RPS/EPS unit for maximum PoE capability; RPS Mode provides RPS for the 12
- RPS device prioritization: if power to multiple connected switches fails, redundant power is provided to the highest priority switch; the lower the RPS port number, the higher the priority given
- Redundant switch power (6 ports): provides redundant power to any one of up to six switch products, backing up the power supply in a switch in case of loss of AC power or a fault condition
- External switch power (2 ports): provides external power to up to two PoE switch devices through two EPS ports; supports up to 15.4 W per port on 48-port stackable
- Hot plugging: supports changing the configuration of an RPS or EPS cable while the device is powered
- Supports ProCurve chassis and stackable products: power supply units can be configured to support both chassis and stackable switches