The Ultrastar SSD400S.B family combines enterprise-grade SLC NAND flash memory, advanced endurance management firmware and power loss data management techniques to extend reliability, endurance, and sustained performance over the life of the SSD. The Ultrastar SSD400S.B family achieves an extraordinary 0.44% annual failure rate (AFR) or two million hour mean-time-between-failure (MTBF). The 400GB capacity Ultrastar SSD endures up to 35 petabytes (PB) of random writes over the life of the drive - the equivalent of writing 19.2 terabytes (TB) per day for five years. For complete end-to-end data protection and reliability, the Ultrastar SSD400S.B family incorporates the T10 Data Integrity Field (DIF) standard, extended error correction code (ECC), Exclusive-OR (XOR) parity to protect against flash die failure, parity-checked internal data paths without an external write cache, and an exclusive power loss data management feature that does not require supercapacitors. The Ultrastar SSD400S.B family is backed by a five year limited warranty, or the maximum petabytes (PB) written (based on capacity).
- SLC NAND Flash for ultra-high performance and endurance
- Best IOPS/Watt for reduced TCO
- 6Gb/s SAS or 4Gb/s FCAL interfaces for maximum throughput
- Advanced Power-loss Data Management technology
- Trusted Computing Group's (TCG) Self-encrypting models designed to Enterprise A specification