The Ultrastar SSD1600MR family combines enterprise-grade MLC NAND Flash memory, advanced endurance management firmware and power loss data management techniques to extend reliability, endurance and sustained performance over the life of the SSD. The Ultrastar SSD1600MR family achieves an extraordinary 0.35% annual failure rate (AFR) or 2.5 million hour mean-time-between-failure (MTBF). The 1920GB capacity model endures up to 10.5 Petabytes (PB) of random writes over the life of the drive-the equivalent of writing 5.8 Terabytes (TB) per day for five years. For complete end-to-end data protection and reliability, the Ultrastar SSD1600MR family incorporates the T10 Data Integrity Field (DIF) standard, extended error correction code (ECC), Exclusive-OR (XOR) parity to protect against Flash die failure, parity-checked internal data paths without an external write cache, and an exclusive power loss data management feature that does not require supercapacitors. The Ultrastar SSD1600MR family is backed by a five year limited warranty, or the maximum Petabytes (PB) written (based on capacity).
- MLC NAND Flash for ultra-high performance and endurance
- Read-intensive <3DW/D for 5 years
- Best IOPS/Watt for reduced TCO
- 12Gb/s SAS interface for maximum throughput
- Advanced power loss data management technology
- Self-encrypting models conform to TCG's Enterprise specification