The HP Smart Array E200 Controller (SA-E200) is HP's first entry level PCI Express (PCIe) serial attached SCSI (SAS) RAID controller. It is available as both an 8 port full size card or embedded (SA-E200i). The SA-E200/SA-E200i utilizes DDR1-266 memory and is ideal for RAID 0/1/1+0 but can be upgraded with the 128MB battery-backed write cache (BBWC) module for RAID 5.
- Seamless upgrades from past generations and upgrades to next generation HP high performance and high capacity Serial Attached SCSI Smart Array controllers
- 3G SAS technology delivers high performance and data bandwidth up to 300 MB\s per physical link and contains full compatibility with 1.5G SATA technology. x4 2.5G PCI Express host interface technology delivers high performance and data bandwidth up to 2 G
- Addition of the battery backed cache upgrade enables BBWC, RAID 5, Capacity Expansion, RAID migration, and Stripe Size Migration
- Mix-and-match SAS and SATA hard drives, lets you deploy drive technology as needed to fit your computing environment
- Support for up to 2 TB in a single logical drive
- Software consistency among all Smart Array family products: Array Configuration Utility (ACU), Option ROM Configuration for Arrays (ORCA), Systems Insight Manager, Array Diagnostic Utility (ADU) and SmartStart. Some of these features are not available wit
- The SA-E200 controller supports up to 8 drives. The SA-E200i supports 2-8 drives depending on the server implementation