The MediaMVP connects to the home LAN via its built-in RJ-45 10/100Mbps Ethernet network interface. When used in conjunction with a Hauppauge WinTV-PVR installed in a PC, a complete home TV and digital media distribution system can be made. Television is recorded on the home PC with the WinTV-PVR, and then watched on a TV set through the MediaMVP via the home LAN. The MediaMVP is located at the TV set, and decodes videos sent to the MediaMVP over the home LAN for viewing on the TV set. It also provides media decoding for MP3 music and JPEG/GIF digital pictures. The MediaMVP displays on the TV screen lists of media which can be played through the MediaMVP, plus menus for organizing the lists and for playing play lists. While playing music, the MediaMVP can also play a digital picture slide show. Driven by a powerful RISC CPU engine running the Linux operating system, and with dedicated special purpose multimedia hardware components, the MediaMVP is a full-blown network multimedia decoder device with superior computing and digital audio and video processing capacities.
- Video and Audio Playback through your Television or HIFI
- Supports MPG, MPEG-1, and MPEG-2 Video streams upto 10Mbps.
- Video Playback up to 720 x 480 (NTSC) or 720 x 576 (PAL).
- Playback MP3 Audio files and Playlists.
- TV Style Controller provides quick access to computer stored files.
- 10/100Mbps Ethernet for easy remote connection to any supported PC.
- SCART Connector for easy A/V connection