The Cisco 526 Wireless Express Mobility Controller can be used with up to six access points per controller and up to two controllers per network. It harnesses the power of Cisco Lightweight Access Point Protocol (LWAPP) technology-best-in-class automatic radio optimization, mobility performance and multi-access-point management-at the capacity, simplicity, and price point appropriate for the SMB. On top of the basic transport layer, this controller supports Cisco Secure Guest Access and voice-over-WLAN advanced mobility services. Along with other products in the Smart Business Communications System, this controller uses the Cisco Configuration Assistant software rather than a command-line interface, accelerating deployment and decreasing the cost of ongoing maintenance.
- Standards-based security and authentication mechanisms
- Supports up to eight SSID/VLANs for wired/wireless network virtualization
- Mobility Services Ready supporting secure guest access and optimized Voice over Wi-FI
- Supports up to six 521 Wireless Express access points per controller and up to two controllers per network
- Simplified management through Cisco Configuration Assistant and Radio Resource Management (RRM) tools