PCI-E 2.0 doubles the bus standard's bandwidth from 2.5 Gbit/s to 5 Gbit/s, meaning a x32 connector can transfer data at up to 16 GB/s in each direction. PCIe 2.0 also features improvements to the point-to-point data transfer protocol and its software architecture. The SATA specification doubles bus bandwidth from 1.5Gb/s to 3Gb/s. Native Command Queuing is a new specification that enables out-of-order execution of commands for efficient retrieval of data. Hot Plug support allows users to insert and remove Hard Drives without shutting off power to the system. This motherboard with IEEE1394 FireWire interface from Texas Instruments (TI). With the transfer speed up to 400Mb/s, the new generation IEEE1394 interface further enhances PC connectivity with consumer electronics audio/video (A/V) appliances, and storage peripherals. Intel Matrix Storage Technology, can deliver up to 80% faster storage performance with PCs equipped with two hard drives using RAID 0 data striping. Using RAID 1 data mirroring can protect against a hard drive failure by mirroring all data among two hard drives. In addition RAID 5 offers the fault-tolerant capability to automatically back up your most important files, while also providing faster disk access and adding storage capacity. The GA-X38T-DQ6 with Teaming functionality enabled allows the 2 single connections to act as a single connection for twice the bandwidth, improving overall throughput with lower CPU utilization. The Gigabit network interface delivers a high speed LAN connection with data transfer rate up to 1000Mb/s, providing new generation connectivity for the broadband era. Gigabit LAN is ideally for seamless internet connection such as streaming audio and video contents. As a member of the global community to look after the environment, Gigabyte complies with the European Union's Restriction of use of certain Hazardous Substances (RoHS) directive which limits the use of lead, mercury, cadmium and other hazardous substances in electronic products. From components and material selection to production processes, make up of accessories, packaging/colour boxes etc; GIGABYTE has carefully examined and designed this product to be 100% RoHS compliant. GIGABYTE will continue to develop RoHS compliant PC components and commit valuable resources to promoting and advancing RoHS directive goals and objectives.
- Supports Intel Core 2 multi-core and upcoming 45nm processors
- Support for 1600 MHz FSB
- Dual DDR3 1600 memory with Intel XMP, featuring faster speeds and performance tuning.
- High quality CPU power module with Ferrite Core Chokes, Lower RDS (on) MOSFETs and Lower ESR Solid Capacitors
- Re-engineered Thermal Design featuring All Copper Silent-Pipe and Crazy Cool
- Japanese manufactured SMD All Solid Capacitor motherboard design
- Supports CrossFire with Dual PCI-E 2.0 x16 graphics for extreme gaming performance
- Features SATA 3Gb/s with Quad eSATA 2 interface
- ALC889A with DTS Connect enables high quality Full Rate Lossless Audio and support for both Blu-ray and HD DVD
- Quad BIOS for an extended level of protection
- Quad-Triple Phase Power Design for ultimate system stability
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet LAN with Teaming functionality
- Certified for Microsoft VISTA systems