The StarTech.com VDSL2 Ethernet extender kit lets you connect a remote network segment or device to your network, using RJ11 phone cable. The network extender is a simple, reliable, and cost-effective solution for spanning your network across long distances. While maintaining high speeds, the extender also safeguards your investments by providing surge and ESD protection to your connected device. The VDSL2 extender reduces the hassle of networking your devices or workstations by overcoming the 330ft (100m) distance limitations of common CATx Ethernet cable. Now you can connect equipment at longer distances using existing RJ11 cable while still retaining 10/100Mbps fast-Ethernet speeds. Perfect for connecting isolated terminals, kiosks, or server rooms using single pair copper wire such as telephone cable, the extender kit lets you transmit and receive data at distances up to 5000ft (1500m) at 17Mbps, or 1000ft (300m) at 100Mbps throughput. This handy extender helps you network separate buildings at the same location, and saves you money. Using legacy plain old telephone service (POTS), you can deliver network access across an existing phone line infrastructure, which is perfect for older buildings. Alternatively, you can couple the extender with a single point-to-point RJ11 cable, giving you more options for providing network connections in situations where standard CATx wired or wireless access is unavailable or unreliable. A true out-of-the-box solution, the extender kit includes interchangeable transmitter and receiver units that are completely customizable using the integrated DIP switches. Setup is fast and you can be up and running with no software or driver installation required.
- Reduce additional expenses using your existing phone line infrastructure or RJ11 cable
- Convenient point-to-point extension over longer distances than standard 10/100Mbps Ethernet cable
- Protects your connected equipment with 8kV air and 4kV contact ESD and surge protection
- Compact desktop design with wall-mount support
- Simple plug-and-play setup
- Supports auto-MDIX, Auto-Negotiation, full-duplex operation, and VLAN tagging