Tripp Lite's IEEE-1394b, or FireWire 800 cables, are the latest in FireWire technology, with data transfer speeds up to 800Mbps, twice the speed of original FireWire. The 9-pin to 6-pin FireWire 800 - FireWire cable (also known as a "bilingual" cable) will connect a 6-pin FireWire (1394a) device to a 9-pin FireWire 800 (1394b) port on a computer, or it will connect the 6-pin FireWire port on a computer to a 9-pin FireWire 800 device (FireWire 800 devices can achieve FireWire 800 speeds only when connected to a FireWire 800 port). These cables are 100% compatible with Apple FireWire, Sony iLink, and all other IEEE-1394b peripherals.
- Data transfer rates to 800Mbps
- Hot Pluggable - supports Plug-n-Play operation
- Premium triple-shielded cable with molded, Gold connectors
- Backward compatible with original FireWire systems and devices
- Compatible with PC, Mac, SUN, and other IEEE-1394b equipped systems