Tripp Lite's 16-ft. USB 3.0 active extension cable is a bus powered extension cable that can be used to increase the length of a device cable without the worry of signal loss and potential performance problems. USB limits a cable's length to 16ft. Any length above 16 feet requires the use of an active cable such as this one. This cable has a signal booster built in. The cable must be plugged directly into a USB port (either on the PC or a hub). Use a standard 6' 10' or 15' USB 3.0 A-B cable to reach the desired distance.
- Extend a USB 3.0 signal passed the 16 ft. (5 m.) distance limitation
- Works together with standard USB 3.0 cables
- Provides up to 150mA of power to the connected device. If your device requires more than 150mA of power, an external power supply will be required
- Accepts a 5V, 2A power supply with a 3.5 x 1.75mm DC jack
- Backward compatible to previous USB generations