The Ultrastar A7K1000 features a 3 Gb/s SATA interface supporting key features in the Serial-ATA specification including Native Command Queuing (NCQ), staggered spin-up and hot-swap capability. The Ultrastar A7K1000 allows for configuration scalability and with the same physical connector as Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) drives, it’s ideal for use in mixed-drive environments. In multi-drive environments, rotational vibration, which results from the vibration of neighboring drives in a system, can degrade hard drive performance. To aid in maintaining high performance, the Ultrastar A7K1000 incorporates enhanced Rotational Vibration Safeguard (RVS) technology providing up to 50% improvement over the previous generation against performance degradation, leading the industry.
- Reliability: Advanced PMR heads & media
- Performance: Rotational Vibration Safeguard (RVS)
- Load/Unload Ramp: Protects user data when power is removed
- Fluid Dynamic Bearing (FDB) Motor: Improved acoustics & positional accuracy
- Thermal Fly-height Control (TFC): Better soft error rate for improved reliability & performance
- Self-Protection Throttling (SPT): Monitors and manages I/O to maximize reliability & performance