Command the seas, control the land, forge a new nation and conquer the globe. Empire: Total War takes the Total War franchise to the eighteenth century Age of Enlightenment - a time of political upheaval, military advancements, and radical thought captured in stunning detail. The year 1701. Fuelled by gunpowder, an escalating arms race between the world's superpowers will see gigantic warships bristling with cannon take to the oceans, while ranks of musketeers and field guns line up across the battlefields of Europe, America and India.
- Take command on the high seas. Real-time 3D naval warfare take Total War's unparalleled battle action to the high seas, with players commanding single ships or vast fleets
- You can also compete online in epic multiplayer war
- Choose from 12 factions and govern your fledgling Empire across a massive campaign map
- Become a founding father. Starting 1700 - The era of warfare across oceans, revolution and the founding of the United States
- Multiplayer component includes player rankings, leagues and ladders, and completely new gameplay modes