WD RE2 hard drives are the world's most reliable server-class SATA drives in the market. With 1.2 million hours MTBF, 5-year limited warranty, 3 Gb/s SATA technology, and best-in-class vibration tolerance, WD RE2 drives offer the best combination of superior reliability, high capacity, and optimum performance for enterprise applications.
- Superior reliability: Designed and manufactured to server-class standards to provide best-in-class enterprise reliability in high duty cycle environments. With 1.2 million hours MTBF at 100% duty cycle, these drives have the highest available reliability
- Fast: With a next-generation SATA interface, 3 Gb/s data transfer rate, native command queuing (NCQ), and 16 MB cache, these drives deliver optimum performance
- Low power: Active Power Save delivers best-in-class seek mode power consumption through an advanced WD firmware which conserves power in active seek modes without degrading performance
- RAID-specific, time-limited error recovery (TLER): A feature pioneered by WD, significantly reduces drive fallout caused by the extended hard drive error-recovery processes common to desktop drives
- Rotary Acceleration Feed Forward (RAFF): Provides best-in-class vibration tolerance by optimizing operation and performance when the drives are used in vibration-prone, multidrive systems such as rack-mounted servers or network storage
- Perpendicular Magnetic Recording (PMR): WD RE2 drives employ PMR technology to achieve even greater areal density
- 5-year limited warranty