The RS100-E8-PI2 ships with one PCI-E x16 slot (Gen3 x8 link) designed to accommodate the power of full-height add-on components such as 10Gb/s LAN cards. PCI Express 3.0 provides unprecedented data speeds, combined with the convenience of seamless backward compatibility with PCI Express 2.0. Embedded RAID allows the RS100-E8-PI2 to support Intel Rapid Storage Technology Enterprise for Windows, improving data protection and increasing storage reliability. Using RAID, servers set up with the latest Windows server-grade operating system run with improved fault tolerance compared to non-RAID or single-drive systems. A front VGA port provides greater convenience and flexibility, allowing customers to connect a monitor from the front. There is also an 'asset tag' on every RS100-E8-PI2 for better identification within a server cluster. ASUS further furnishes several choices for OS drive placement, such as SSD and SATA DOM cages, plus internal Type A USB.
- Ultra-quiet and energy-saving
- Flexible deployment options in a compact rack form factor
- PCI Express 3.0-ready for powerful expandability
- Comprehensive Windows RAID support
- Optimized user experience design
- Comprehensive remote management