Symantec Endpoint Encryption, powered by PGP technology provides organizations with strong full-disk and removable media encryption and the ability to integrate with Symantec Data Loss Prevention. Intuitive management enables enterprise scale deployments and features compliance-based, out-of-the-box reporting plus customizable reports. Management capabilities include support for native OS encryption (FileVault 2) and Opal compliant self-encrypting drives.
- Built PGP Strong - High performing, strong encryption, built with PGP Hybrid Cryptographic Optimizer (HCO) technology and leveraging AES-NI hardware optimization for even faster encryption speeds
- Single-Sign-On - SSO means fewer passwords for users to remember
- Key Recovery - Multiple recovery options allow organizations to determine the right solution for them to minimize potential lockouts and reduce HelpDesk calls
- Active Directory Support - Individual and group policies and keys can be synchronized with Active Directory to help speed deployments and reduce administration burdens
- Robust Reporting - Administrators can take advantage of out-of-the-box compliance reports or customize their own reports to help ease the burden of proof to auditors and key stakeholders
- Heterogeneous Management - Management capabilities have been extended to include support for FileVault 2 (Apple's native OS encryption solution), as well as support for Opal compliant self-encrypting drives
- User-Friendly - Installation and registration is completely transparent to users, while CPU utilization during initial encryption is minimized to ensure that users can continue being productive while encryption happens in the background
- Flexible - Support multi-user deployments in both Active Directory and non-Active Directory environments
- Collaborative - Users can access encrypted data on removable media safely even on systems without Symantec Endpoint Encryption installed
- Scalable - Scalable management architecture easily adapts to small and large enterprise environments
- Stronger Protection - Symantec's market leading Data Loss Prevention (DLP) software integrates with removable media encryption to analyse data before it's transferred and automatically encrypts sensitive outgoing data.