Security is an issue when data is transmitted without the wires. In the air, transmitted data can be easily intercepted if not well protected by a security scheme. The DWL-610 provides the necessary security, using 64/128-bit industry standard WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy) encryption protocol. Data privacy mechanism is based on a shared key algorithm, as described in the wireless LAN standard. With hot swap and plug-and-play capabilities, the DWL-610 Adaptor can be easily installed into a notebook PC to provide connectivity directly to another wireless enabled device (ad-hoc mode) or through an Access Point (infrastructure mode).
- Adapter for notebook PC
- 32-bit High-Performance CardBus (PC Card Type II)
- IEEE 802.11b Industry Standard Compliance
- 2.4GHz frequency band Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum (DSSS)
- 11Mbps data transfer rate
- Security with 64/128-bit WEP data encryption
- Supports Windows 98SE, 2000, ME, XP