The Cisco 10GBASE-LRM Module supports link lengths of 220m on standard Fibre Distributed Data Interface (FDDI) grade multimode fibre (MMF). To ensure that specifications are met over FDDI-grade, OM1 and OM2 fibres, the transmitter should be coupled through a mode conditioning patch cord. No mode conditioning patch cord is required for applications over OM3.
- Support 10GBASE Ethernet
- Hot-swappable input/output device plugs into an Ethernet X2 port of a Cisco switch or router to link the port with the network
- Provides flexibility of interface choice
- Supports pay-as-you-populate model
- Supports the Cisco quality identification (ID) feature that enables a Cisco switch or router to identify whether the module is certified and tested by Cisco
- Has optical interoperability with respective 10GBASE Xenpak, 10GBASE XFP and 10GBASE SFP+ modules on the same link