The HP StorageWorks Rack-mount Kits provide a high density, rack-mountable tape drive and RDX removable disk drive solution for both direct-attach SCSI, USB, or SAS backup and archiving applications. The HP StorageWorks 1U Rack-mount Kit supports DAT and Ultrium internal tape drives, and RDX internal removable disk backup systems. The 1U rack-mount kit is available in SCSI, SAS and USB interfaces. With two Ultrium 1760 drives, the 1U SAS enclosure can provide a maximum compressed capacity of 3.2 TB with a data transfer rate up to 1,152 GB/hr. The HP StorageWorks 3U Rack-mount Kit holds up two full-height internal tape drives, four half-height internal tape drives, or a combination of one full height and two half tape drives. It is available in both SCSI and SAS interfaces. With four LTO-4 Ultrium 1760 SCSI drives this enclosure solution can provide a maximum compressed capacity of 6.4 TB.
- High density: The HP Rack-Mount Kits are ideal for customers who have limited space in their rack as it allows for a smaller footprint leaving valuable space for other key components in the Datacentre
- Scalability: The 1U rack enclosure can hold one single drive. One additional drive can be added when needed. The 3U rack enclosure can hold two full height drives, four half-height drives, or one full and two half-height drives
- Ability to mix technologies: The 1U and 3U Rack-mount Kits allow users to mix a variety of tape technologies, including DAT, Ultrium, and SDLT, as well as RDX removable disk technology
- Supports standard internal tape and disk drives: The enclosures support standard internal tape drives and RDX removable disk backup systems. No extra module is needed
- RoHS compliant: The Rack-Mount Kits are all RoHS compliant (meets 2006 European legislation for removal of hazardous substances)