The Quantum DAT 160 drive provides the highest capacity and performance in the DDS/DAT portfolio for small and medium businesses requiring backward compatibility to previous DDS/DAT tape drives. Quantum’s DAT 160 delivers a capacity of 160 GB on a single data cartridge and a transfer rate of up to 50 GB/hr (assuming a 2:1 compression ratio). At the same time this sixth generation DDS/DAT drive provides the proven reliability and two-generation backward compatibility that users of the world's most successful tape technology have come to expect. Read/Write compatible with previous generation DAT 72 and DDS-4 products, the DAT 160 enables a simple migration path for the installed base of over 6 million DDS/DAT users, delivering a dependable and cost-effective backup solution with a low ongoing cost of ownership.
- Highest capacity and performance in the DDS/DAT portfolio providing optimum capacity and performance
- Ideal for SMB customers looking for the latest in DDS/DAT technology
- Available with a choice of interface: USB for universal plug-and-play connectivity, SCSI for legacy systems and SAS for advanced systems
- The 6th generation of proven DDS/DAT technology
- Read/Write compatible with previous generation DAT 72 and DDS-4 products, providing a simple migration path for installed base users
- Inexpensive media for low total cost of ownership