The HP Smart Array P822 Controller is a standard height, half length, 6 Gb/s, PCIe 3.0, Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) RAID controller that provides enterprise class storage performance for select HP ProLiant Gen8 rack servers and tower servers. It features two internal and four external SAS ports. Advanced storage functionality, such as online RAID level migration, global online spare, and pre-failure warning all result in increased server uptime. Data Compatibility among all models of Smart Array controllers allows simple and easy migration at any time when needs for higher performance, capacity, and availability increase. Even new generations of Smart Array controllers can understand the data format of previous generations of Smart Array controllers. HP Smart Array Advanced Pack 2.0 features that come standard on the P822 provides advanced functionality such as Advanced Data Mirroring, Advanced Data Guarding, dual domain, making it easier for customers to protect their data.
- Up to 3x performance improvement over previous generation, using DDR3-1333 cache memory
- Greater scalability for explosive growth with up to 227 drives supported
- Long term data retention with 2GB flash backed write cache (FBWC) offered as a standard feature
- GUI-based configuration, management and diagnostic tools
- New predictive spare activation for improved rebuild and maximized uptime