By providing two separate slots and support for a wide range of SD cards, the dual card reader helps you overcome the challenges of working with multiple card readers to offload videos and photos. The card reader will also support microSD and miniSD (with adapter) and MMCmobile, RS-MMC and MMCplus (with adapter). With a small form-factor and integrated cable, the dual SD card reader is a highly portable solution for accessing your SD cards, on a laptop or desktop computer. The wrap-around USB-A cable lets you quickly connect to a computer or pack it up quickly when you're done using it, without carrying an additional cable with you. The external SD card reader is OS independent, with no driver or software installation required. The card reader/writer connects easily to your laptop, tablet, or desktop computer and is USB powered, providing sufficient power for most applications. If you require additional power, you can simply connect the USB cable on your power source to the auxiliary Micro-B power port on the 2SD4FCRU3. StarTech.com also offers this same card reader and writer with a USB Type-C connector (2SD4FCRU3C) to provide compatibility for those with a USB-C enabled tablet, smartphone, laptop or computer.
- Provides read and write access for two SD, SDHC or SDXC memory cards simultaneously
- Fast USB 3.0 performance - connects to the USB-A port on laptops, tablets and desktop computers
- Supports SD 4.0 and UHS-II (Ultra High Speed) and is backwards compatible with older SD card versions
- Compact form-factor and integrated USB cable for portability
- Plug-and-play - no additional software or drivers required
- USB Powered
- Backward compatible with USB 2.0