Now, you can add wired network access through the USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 port on your laptop or desktop computer, and connect to your USB 3.0 (Type A) devices with ease. This Gigabit Ethernet network adapter gives you access to two reliable GbE ports, and without having to install drivers. It's a great companion for your MacBook, Chromebook Pixel, Dell XPS 12, Dell Latitude 12 7000 Series 2-in-1 or another device that has a USB Type-C port. The network adapter leverages the 5Gbps speed of USB 3.0 (also known as USB 3.1 Gen 1) to deliver the full bandwidth of your Gigabit network connection, without bottlenecks. This saves you time by making it easier to access very large files over your network at Gigabit speed. For added versatility, the network adapter supports a range of convenient features, such as Wake-On-LAN, VLAN Tagging, Crossover Detection and Auto-Correction (Auto MDIX), Checksum Offload (IPv4, IPv6, TCP, UDP), and Large Send Offload. Some computers with USB Type-C only offer one USB-C port for external connectivity, which will not connect with your existing USB Type-A devices. This Gigabit adapter features an integrated USB 3.0 Type-A port, so while the adapter is connected to your computer to provide network access, you can also connect to USB peripherals that need a USB Type-A connector. The network adapter is also backward compatible with USB 2.0 systems. Get up and running quickly. The network adapter provides native driver support to ensure a quick setup. Simply plug the adapter into the USB Type-C port on your laptop and connect to your network. The network adapter chipset offers native driver support in Chrome OS and Windows 8.1, and supports Mac OSX (10.10) with driver installation. The USB Type-C connector is smaller and easier to use than previous USB connectors. It's a reversible plug, so you can connect to your devices with either side facing up. You can insert the cable the right way every time, without frustration or the risk of port damage.
- Add two Gigabit Ethernet ports to your laptop or desktop computer through a USB Type-C port
- Add a USB Type-A port to your computer for connecting an additional peripheral device
- Works with the newest MacBook, Chromebook Pixel and other laptop and desktop computers that have a USB-C port (Thunderbolt 3 port compatible)
- USB powered, compact and lightweight for maximum portability
- Supports IEEE 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet, IEEE 802.3, 802.3u and 802.3ab (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, and 1000BASE-T)
- Up to 4K Jumbo Frame support
- Crossover Detection & Auto-Correction (Auto MDIX)