Additionally it enables new equipment to be quickly and easily incorporated into existing network system designs. When used in conjunction with an OPC server, most Windows based HMI, SCADA and PC-based control applications have full access to information in the connected device. Existing COM-port based Windows applications can access network-enabled devices using Lantronix Com Port Redirector. This specialized software creates virtual serial ports, which are mapped to the device server over 802.11 or Ethernet. The XPress-DR+ Wireless meets the demanding, complex industrial environment head on. Packaged in a rugged DIN-rail mount case, it's equipped with isolated serial and Ethernet ports and screw terminal connectors for serial and power. It supports industrial protocols such as Modbus TCP, Modbus ASCII, Modbus RTU and DF1, and is FM-approved for hazardous locations Class 1, Div. 2. Flexible configuration options allow the unit to be set up locally using the serial port, or remotely over Ethernet using Telnet or browser. The included DeviceInstaller software simplifies the process of installing industrial protocols and configuring them for use with attached devices. The CPU's flash memory provides maintenance-free, non-volatile storage and easily accommodates future system upgrades. Complete with an auto MDI/MDIX Ethernet interface, the XPress-DR+ Wireless is a powerful device communication solution that's perfect for your most demanding industrial applications.
- Provides mobility and remote management of industrial equipment while minimizing costly cabling
- Industry standard 802.11 b/g wireless or Ethernet networking
- Cascade multiple devices from a single network connection
- Supports industrial protocols
- Maximizes flexibility with an internal 2-Port 10Base-T/ 100Base-TX Ethernet switch
- 15kV serial ESD protection and 2.5kV Ethernet isolation