The ideal solution to reduce IT costs and complexity while remaining reliable and scalable to grow from single server environments to the largest distributed enterprise infrastructures, providing broad compatibility of operating systems, applications, drives, libraries, and disk arrays. It also provides tracking and management of offline storage media. Maximizing media operations staff productivity and increasing data availability by automating the tracking and management of removable storage media. With media operations, customers can manage the complete life cycle of removable storage media; shortening recovery time, reducing financial and business risks from lost data, and minimizing opportunities for human error.
- Advanced backup to disk - Improves the backup process with continuous backup of transaction log files, backup of slow clients without multiplexing, easy resource access and sharing, plus backup in tape-less branch offices, while offering fast and easy con
- Advanced media management (object copy) - Enhances media management by eliminating the need to copy the entire tape or disk. Only portions that have been added during the selected period are copied and could be appended to the end of an already copied tap
- Backup mirroring - Mirrors media sets over unlimited distances at highest performance via shared memory. This simplifies preparations for a potential datacentre disaster recovery and offers remote long term archiving combined with fast local tape access.
- Easier configuration and management of large SANs - Simplifies SAN device configuration and optimizes shared device access by using multiple paths instead of logical devices. The new multi-path device allows a simple view of all access paths from all syst
- Eco-system coverage enhanced - Extends the existing broad compatibility of operating systems, applications, drives, libraries and disk arrays and now also supports the Data Protector zero-downtime backup and instant recovery features through the SMI-S (St