Offering a proven, enterprise-class cloud and datacentre platform, Windows Server 2012 R2 can easily scale to continuously run the largest workloads with support for up to 64 processors and 1 terabyte of memory for Hyper-V guests, and VHDX virtual hard disks up to 64 terabytes. In addition, powerful availability features protect against service outages. And with automated protection and recovery for cost-effective business continuity on-premises and across clouds, you can improve your workload SLAs while reducing downtime risks. To help you protect your investments in existing cross-platform technologies, Windows Server 2012 R2 also offers expanded support for a heterogeneous datacentre, including rich Linux support.
- Server virtualization: Take advantage of the cost savings of virtualization, and maximize server hardware investments by consolidating your servers as virtual machines on a single physical host. Hyper-V runs multiple operating systems including Windows, L
- Storage: Whatever your storage platform, the data it holds is the bedrock of your business. Windows Server helps you optimize your existing storage investments, such as SANs. It also lets you build scalable, high-performance, highly available storage solu
- Networking: You can manage an entire network as a single server, so you get the reliability and scalability of multiple servers at a lower cost. Automatic rerouting around storage, server, and network failures keeps file services online with minimal notic
- Server management and automation: Following a standards-based management approach, the Windows Management Framework provides a common platform for automation and integration to help you automate your routine tasks with tools like Windows PowerShell. Other
- Web and application platform: Windows Server builds on the tradition of the Windows Server family as a proven application platform, with thousands of applications already built and deployed and a community of millions of knowledgeable and skilled develope
- Information protection: With Microsoft's Information Protection solutions, you can manage a single identity for each user, across both on-premises and cloud-based (SaaS) applications. You define a user's level of access to information and applications eac
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI): With Windows Server, it's even easier to deploy and deliver virtual resources across devices. VDI technologies offer easy access to a rich, full-fidelity Windows environment running in the datacenter, from virtually a