This PCI Express to PCI Expansion System provides an innovative solution for adding external PCI expansion slots to a desktop or laptop computer. The Expansion system (mobile rack) includes a PCI Express Adaptor card and a 4 slot PCI Expansion chassis; the Adaptor card can be installed in any PCI Express (x1) slot in the host computer, interfacing the external expansion chassis with the computer and in turn allowing the host computer to function as though the PCI cards were installed directly on the computer motherboard. For mobile applications, the 4 slot PCI Expansion chassis can be connected to a laptop computer (in place of a desktop computer) using StarTech. com's ExpressCard Connection Cable For PEX2PCI4 (EC2PCI). Using the ExpressCard Adaptor adds the same functionality provided by the PCI cards installed in the expansion bay to the laptop, eliminating the expense of having to purchase duplicate Adaptor cards for the laptop computer.
- Supports both 3.3v/5v add-in PCI cards
- Self-powered Expansion box with an on/off button
- Add an additional 4 PCI ports (32-bit/33 MHz) to your PC, using PCI Express
- Rugged steel construction satisfies demands of industrial and server environments
- Simplifies swapping PCI cards in and out of computer systems, without ever having to take apart your computer
- Specially designed to convert a single PCI Express slot to four additional PCI slots
- Lightweight, convenient to carry