The SwitchView SC420, SC440 and SC540 switches allow desktop IT administrators to deploy a single CAC reader that will switch to all computers connected to the switch. (CAC support is required for all government employees attempting to log in to government systems and is specified in the Homeland Security Presidential Directive 12 [HSPD12].) These switches include three layers of tamper-proof hardware security at the desktop. In addition, SwitchView SC420, SC440 and SC540 switches ensure that only USB human interface devices (HID’s) function on target computers by constantly monitoring all devices attached to the console ports. These switches ignore communication from non-HID’s (such as flash drives, Hard Drives, cameras and printers) when switching data to the target.
- NIAP Certification: The SwitchView SC540 is in process for NIAP Common Criteria validation to EAL 4+
- Software Security: U.S-designed firmware allows only keyboard, mouse and common access cards (CAC) human interface devices (HID) to switch to the target computers
- Physical Security - Tamper-Evident Tape: A visual indication of an attempt to gain access to the internal components of the switch
- Chassis Intrusion Detection: Prevents malicious tampering with the switch. If the cover is removed from the switch, the switch becomes inoperable and the LEDs flash
- Locked Memory: Prevents tampering and reprogramming of the firmware
- Secure Channels: Four fully secure channels isolated to 60dB. Safely switch between computers operating at different classification levels – without compromising network security
- Clears buffer: Automatically clears the keyboard buffer immediately after data is transmitted through the switch, so no data is ever left in the switch