The economical Intel RAID Controller SASWT4I offers exceptional entry-level hardware SAS/SATA RAID and non-RAID data off-load for server systems and workstations. This RAID controller allows for point-to-point connections with a SAS universal interconnect interface allowing for 1.5 and 3 Gb/s SATA Hard Drives along with logical SCSI compatibility for the extra reliability and manageability that SAS drives provide. The SASWT4I leverages the LSI SAS1064E ASIC’s advanced LSI Fusion-MPT* architecture to provide entry-level hardware RAID. While other SAS controllers drive large RAID software stacks between the host CPU and controller, this RAID controller utilizes the embedded CPU in the LSI SAS1064E ASIC to perform integrated RAID 0, 1, and 1E/10E operations. By avoiding the PCI bus traffic and reducing RAID code overhead, the SASWT4I delivers world-class READ/WRITE operations.
- Cost effective data protection: Provides a low-cost RAID 0, 1, and 1E/10E solution for entry-level server and workstation environments where high-performance and reliable data protection are required.
- SAS or SATA storage: Connect SAS or SATA devices within the array. Use SAS drives for speed, reliability and scalability; use high-capacity SATA drives for budget-friendly storage.
- Scalability: Supports up to 122 physical devices in SAS mode which is ideal for employing JBODs (Just a Bunch Of Disks) or up to 14 devices in RAID 0, 1, 1E/10E mode through direct connect device attachment or through expander backplane support.
- Ultra thin driver: LSI Fusion-MPT architecture provides over 140,000 I/Os per second while communicating over the PCI Express 4-lane Host Bus.
- Increased IT productivity: Includes a suite of tools that are common across all Intel SAS/SATA RAID solutions, for easy installation and advanced management.