To maximize total return on investment, the DAP-2590 can be configured to optimize network performance based on any one of its multiple operation modes: Access Point, Wireless Distribution System (WDS) with Access Point, WDS/Bridge (No AP Broadcasting) and Wireless Client. With WDS support, network administrators can set up multiple DAP-2590s throughout a facility and configure them to bridge with one another while also providing network access to individual clients. Also included are advanced features such as Load Balancing, which optimizes high network traffic volume, and redundancy for fail-safe wireless connectivity. Additionally, the DAP-2590 offers Spanning Tree Protocol support for greater efficiency and to avoid broadcast storms when used in WDS mode. Network administrators have multiple options for managing the DAP-2590 including Web (HTTP), Secure Sockets Later (SSL, which provides for a secure connection to the Internet), Secure Shell (SSH, which provides for a secure channel between local and remote computers), and Telnet (bi-directional, eight-bit byte oriented communications facility). For advanced network management, administrators can use the D-Link AP Manager II or D-View SNMPv3 management module to configure and manage multiple access points from a single location. In addition to a streamlined management process, the AP Manager II or D-View software provides network administrators with the means of verifying and conducting regular maintenance checks remotely, eliminating the need to send personnel out to physically verify proper operation. With the selectable dual band functionality, PoE support, a plenum-rated chassis, extensive manageability, versatile operation modes, and solid security enhancements, the D-Link AirPremier N Dual Band PoE Access Point (DAP-2590) provides SMB environments with a business-class solution for deploying a wireless network in the workplace.
- User-Selectable 2.4GHz or 5GHz Dual Band Draft 802.11n Wireless Connectivity for Business-Class Environments
- Operable as Wireless Client, Access Point, Wireless Bridge (WDS), or WDS with AP
- Supports Wi-Fi Multimedia (WMM) QoS Features for Enhanced Performance
- Supports WPA/WPA2-Personal and WPA/WPA2-Enterprise Security Features
- Ideal for Indoor Deployments
- Plenum-Rated Chassis Designed to Adhere to Building Regulations
- Advanced Management Options Including AP Manager II, SNMPv3, Secure Telnet, Secure Shell (SSH) and Secure HTTP (HTTPS)