WD produces the world's most reliable SATA drives. With 1.2 million hours MTBF, enterprise duty cycle, 5-year warranty, next-generation SATA technology, and state-of-the-art vibration tolerance, WD Raptor drives offer the best combination of reliability, high capacity, and performance for enterprise applications.
- Reliable: Designed and manufactured to enterprise-class standards to provide enterprise reliability in high duty cycle environments. With 1.2 million hours MTBF, these drives have the highest available reliability rating on a high capacity drive
- Fast: With a next-generation SATA interface, 1.5 Gb/s data transfer rate, native command queuing (NCQ), and 16 MB cache, these drives deliver optimum performance
- RAID-specific, time-limited error recovery (TLER): A feature unique to WD, prevents drive fallout caused by the extended hard drive error-recovery processes common to desktop drives
- Rotary Acceleration Feed Forward (RAFF): Optimizes operation and performance when the drives are used in vibration-prone, multidrive systems such as rack-mounted servers or network storage
- FlexPower: Connector technology that accepts power from either industry standard or new SATA power supplies