Today's growing businesses are both placing more demands on and relying more on their network. Companies are putting more applications and demands on their Ethernet Infrastructure. Using VoIP phones and IP cameras require more than simple plug-and-play connectivity. Additionally, Internet-based applications such as Hotmail and Google Calendaring have made keeping the network up a business-critical need. However, companies do not necessarily have more money or advanced training to deal with complex managed switches. NETGEAR's new ProSafe Plus Switches meet this growing need by providing easy to use visibility and limited configuration capabilities. To provide more insight into the network behaviour, ProSafe Plus Switches offer traffic monitoring for users to observe traffic behaviour. Additionally, if there are connectivity issues, these switches offer a cable diagnostic test capability that can identify and even locate problems in the cables. To optimize traffic through the switches, ProSafe Plus Switches offer both port and tag-based prioritization to keep latency-sensitive traffic moving ahead of less critical packets. Also, as a means of improving security or managing collision domains, ProSafe Smart Switches offer VLAN technology. ProSafe Plus Switches offering these monitoring and configuration capabilities at a slight cost premium over un-managed switches, delivering great value to the end user.
- Moves very large files instantly across your network
- 10 x faster than standard Fast Ethernet (10/100)
- Full duplex, providing up to 2000 Mbps on each port
- Auto-sensing on each port detects at the best network speed (10, 100 or 1000)
- Auto Uplink technology auto adjusts for different types of Ethernet cable
- The compact, sturdy metal case fits easily on a desk or mounts on a wall